Wix Review 2023: Features, Pros & Cons
Introduction to Wix
Wix is an all-in-one website creation tool that is particularly user-friendly, making it accessible for beginners and experienced users alike. With a library of over 800 customizable design templates, Wix empowers individuals and small businesses to build professional-looking websites tailored to their specific needs. Moreover, Wix boasts seamless integration with more than 300 third-party applications, allowing users to enhance their websites with advanced features like online scheduling and event booking.
Pros and Cons of Using Wix
- User-Friendly Interface: Wix’s drag-and-drop interface makes website creation a breeze, eliminating the need for coding skills.
- Abundant Templates: With over 500 customizable templates at your disposal, you can find a design that suits your brand.
- Built-in SEO Tools: Improve your website’s search engine ranking with Wix’s built-in SEO tools.
- App Integration: Access over 300 app integrations without any coding knowledge.
- Free Plan: Wix offers a free plan, providing access to most platform features, although it has some limitations.
- Google Analytics: The free and Combo plans do not support Google Analytics, hindering comprehensive traffic tracking.
- Storage Limits: Many Wix plans have storage limitations, requiring an upgrade for users with growing websites.
- Ads and Custom Domain: Free plans display Wix ads and do not allow custom domain names.
- E-commerce Limitations: Free plans cannot accept payments, necessitating an upgrade for e-commerce activities.
- Template Switching: Once you’ve launched your site with a template, you cannot switch to another template, limiting design flexibility.
- Support Response Times: Some users have reported slower response times from Wix’s customer support.
Core Features of Wix
1. Website Builder and Templates
Wix provides three distinct website editors:
- Wix Artificial Design Intelligence (ADI): Ideal for beginners, ADI creates a basic website based on your answers to a few questions.
- Standard Editor: Choose a template and customize it using the standard drag-and-drop editor, with the option to enable mobile-friendly views.
- Editor X: Introduced in 2020, this editor is designed for responsive websites and offers advanced features for designers.
Wix equips users with tools for creating and managing successful blogs. The drag-and-drop editor simplifies adding text and images, while built-in features support social media integration, email marketing, and SEO.
Wix’s Business and eCommerce plans enable users to transform their websites into online stores. Features include product management, payment processing, and marketing tools. Plans range from Business Basic to Business VIP, catering to different business needs.
Wix Pricing & Plans
Wix offers three plan categories:
Wix Basic Website Plans
- Free Plan: Includes Wix branding on a subdomain, 500MB cloud storage, and 500MB bandwidth.
Wix Business and eCommerce Plans
- Custom Pricing: Enterprise solutions for large websites have customized pricing based on individual business needs.
Ease of Use
Wix’s intuitive platform is user-friendly, even for individuals with no prior website-building experience. The drag-and-drop editor allows easy manipulation of elements, eliminating the need for coding. Wix handles hosting and security, and customer support is available 24/7 for paid plans.
Safety and Security
Wix prioritizes website safety and security:
- PCI Compliance: Wix fulfills security requirements set by credit card companies.
- SSL Certificates: All Wix websites come with SSL certificates.
- Automatic Backups: Websites are automatically backed up.
- 24/7 Monitoring: A dedicated team monitors servers to prevent potential threats.
Customer Service and Support
Wix offers 24/7 customer support for paid plans, with priority support available in VIP plans. Support inquiries are accessible through the user’s account.
Additional Tools and Functionality
1. Wix Artificial Design Intelligence (ADI)
Wix ADI swiftly creates customized professional websites based on user-inputted business information, eliminating the need for content creation.
2. SEO Tools
Wix’s built-in SEO tool simplifies optimizing websites for Google Search. It provides step-by-step guidance, meta tags, canonical tags, and more to improve site ranking.
3. App Store and Integrations
Wix AppMarket offers a variety of apps, from social media tools to contact forms. Integrations include QuickBooks, Shippo, ShipStation, Google AdSense, and more.
4. Mobile App
Wix’s mobile app enables on-the-go website management, content creation, analytics tracking, order and customer management, and promotional activities.
Wix offers different storage limits depending on the plan, starting at 2GB and going up to unlimited for the Business VIP plan.
6. Email Marketing
Ascend by Wix serves as an email marketing and customer management tool, offering features like automated drip campaigns and analytics.
7. Other Benefits
- Online Scheduling: Allows clients to book appointments online.
- Social Media Graphics: Create custom Facebook and Instagram posts.
- Facebook Ads: Set up paid Facebook ad campaigns.
- Help Center: Access a comprehensive library of support resources.
Wix vs. Competitors
Wix vs. Squarespace
Squarespace, a popular alternative, offers a sleeker design but is pricier than Wix. Wix’s free plan gives it an edge, but it lacks unlimited storage.
Wix vs. WordPress
WordPress is a powerful CMS but requires more technical expertise. Wix is easier for beginners and offers a free plan, making it a suitable choice for those not looking for advanced customization.
Wix vs. Shopify
Shopify is designed for e-commerce and is more expensive than Wix. Wix is ideal for simple business websites and blogs.
Wix vs. GoDaddy
GoDaddy is affordable but has fewer features and less stylish templates compared to Wix. The choice depends on your specific requirements.
Wix is a versatile website builder with numerous features, making it an excellent choice for beginners and small businesses. However, it’s essential to consider your specific needs and compare it with alternative platforms to determine if Wix is the right fit for you.